Friday, April 10, 2009

"I don't believe it! An awe-toe-mah-tick baby rocker!" ~Uncle Roy


Last week my perfectly healthy Uncle (Uncle Roy) was suddenly in severe stomach pain. They rushed him to the hospital to find out hours later that he had developed a blood clot that had killed off much of his large intestine. A week and five surgeries later, with all of his large intestine removed and 75% of his small intestine, he has just been taken off of life support. The hardest part is that my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin live in Australia. How in the world do you appropriately mourn for and grieve the life of someone who lives so far away that you can't even hop on an airplane to get there?

As you may recall, they were just here in April/May when my Gram was sick. He was the first person to make Ellie laugh. And boy did she LAUGH at him! When he first saw Ellie's plush papasan swing he was startled! He gasped (in his British sounding Aussie accent) "Why I don't believe it! An automatic (awe-toe-mah-tick) baby rocker!" And at 2 months old, she thought that was the funniest thing in the world .

Update: Uncle Roy passed away today, April 11, 2009. So long sweet Uncle, so long.

4 comments:

Life with my BOYS! said...

What sweet memories you have of your last visit with him and your family. I am praying for peace for him and your family!

Sue said...

I was just thinking this morning of his time here last Spring and how he and Ellie had found a special connection. May the memories of him live in your hearts forever.

Rebecca said...

It sounds like you have many fond memories. It's wonderful that he had that time here with your family. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Jodie said...

Teri I am so very sorry for your loss. I love the memories you have. What a blessing that they were able to visit last Spring. I have no doubt that he is now watching over your family.