Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hablas Espanol and so much more.....

I've been so negligent in blogging this summer! It only stands to reason that the "Gabisms" are piling up! Here's a few of the "good" ones. LOL
All in a days shopping:

Gabi and I spent Tuesday at the Niagara Falls Outlet Mall school clothes shopping. There were a large number of LOTE (Language Other Than English) speaking individuals there. Gabi, not missing a beat, picked up on this. Here's our lunch conversation:

Gabi: From now on we are only going to speak to each other in Spanish. (of which she knows none)

Mommy: Spanish, really?

Gabi: (Starts pointing to objects and talking in broken, unrecognizable words.)

Mommy: Muy Bien tu hablas Espanol

Gabi: Ok, how about you speak English and I speak Spanish?

LOL! She kept up her version of Spanish for hours.

While at the mall she conned me into buying her yet another stuffed animal, a dog. She made me cut ALL the tags off of it so that people would "know it's a real dog". She proceeded to carry it around with her and randomly bark at people. When they would look at her, she would grin and pet her dog proudly.


The product of educators, indeed:

Last week, as I was getting ready for the day Gabi RUSHES into the bathroom and the following conversation ensues.

Gabi: (Frantically waving her arms and speaking in a desperate tone of voice) I NEED FOUR SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS AND I NEED THEM NOW! All my teachers are out, who is going to teach these kids? What will we do?


Mommy: (stifling laughter) Well, you are the Principal it's your job to take care of it.

Gabi: (without even a moment's hesitation) Actually, since YOU are the Vice Principal it's YOUR job to take care of it. It's MY job to MAKE SURE you do it!

(Did I mention Howie is a Principal and I'm a High School Counselor, lol!)

It's hard to believe that she will be turning SIX on Wednesday. My baby! Sigh.














3 comments:

Jo said...

I love that girl! She can join Lacy and speak "spanish" all day long! ha ha ha

Wondering when you will find us said...

cute story.

Rebecca said...

She makes me laugh!