Sunday, August 19, 2007

Happy Birthday, Gabriella!!!

So, I think today may have ended our week of birthday celebrations. I have so enjoyed making Gabi feel like a princess every day of this entire week (as if I don't already). Today we had our family over for dinner and cake. We surprised Gabi with one final gift, a John Deere tractor just like her Daddy's! She LOVES it!!!


As I write this, it occurs to me that exactly four years ago at nearly this very moment, my child came into this world. I had no idea that forces outside of my control, and realm of knowledge were set into motion to bring her home to us. It wouldn't be until nearly 12 hours later that I would learn of her, and 4 hours after that would I hear those magical words "Come pick up your daughter tomorrow." Isn't it amazing?

As an aside, this morning when Gabi walked into the dining room, she found it fully decked out in honor of her special day. She came running into our bedroom and kissed me. Then, with all the wisdom of a 40 year old woman says to me; "I saw my birthday surprises Mommy, that was so nice of you! Thank you!" and again, I melted..............

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Happy Birthday! I sure love that girl. Looks like she had a great day!

Sue said...

Happy Birthday Sunshine!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry we missed the big day :-(

wsweden said...

Love the matching tractors.
Happy Birthday, Gabi!!
~Janet & Justin

Jen said...

Oh, Gabi is my kind of girl - well rounded! She's girly, as a princess should be, but knows a good tractor when she sees one. Hannah would love her. I'm so glad she had such fun celebrating her birthday.

-Jen