Thursday, August 2, 2007

One Year Today

The ticker at the top of my blog reminded me that today marks the one year anniversary of our wait for baby number 2 (as if I really needed that ticker to remind me).

After a short 3 month wait to bring Gabi home, we figured number 2 would be a piece of cake. We were under the naive, mistaken assumption that our journey would be equally as blissful. Although, in a strange way, I do not have entirely negative feelings about this wait.

I have learned appreciation. I appreciate this beautiful blonde haired, pig tailed child "gabing" away next to me, every single day. I also think when our baby does come (when, not if) it will feel that much sweeter.

7 comments:

Colette said...

You have a very good out look my dear! Hold on...your baby is coming! I can feel it!

Jodie said...

Right you are, my friend!!

Paulette said...

Absolutely!!! Dig those heels in, We're here for the duration!

Life with my BOYS! said...

Good things happen in the fall; after all...the "New Years" eve babies will be born in OCT...there is a lot of baby making on 21/31!!!!

Hang in there!!

Gracie said...

That is so sweet! It will be here before you know it!

Wondering when you will find us said...

LOVE your positive outlook! Wish i was more like you!

Anonymous said...

Good things happen to those who wait. I can't wait to see baby number 2!! Please keep me updated on it... I love seeing the pictures of Gabi.