Thursday, April 10, 2008

Busy Week



My Gram had open heart surgery on Tuesday- she now boasts a pig's valve- working in her very own body!! She is 83 and quite an amazing woman! Thankfully, she is pulling through remarkably well. I must tell you ,this is a woman who had 12 children in 15 years! Can you IMAGINE??? I sure as heck can't!!! She was born and raised deep in the heart of the Pennsylvania Dutch community. In fact, her Mother was born Amish. She married a Mennonite, and therefore became one. Gram attended the Mennonite church until just recently when she moved back to the Rochester area. She is a hard working, no nonsense woman who I am so proud to call Grandma.


In other news, we have taken advantage of this amazing weather! What a treat it was!! :) Can't wait til summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Also, Nicki has finally chosen a chosen a college!! Da da da dum..... introducing the newest member of the freshman class of 2008 at...... Albany College of Pharmacy!!!! She is going for her PharmD. I'm so very proud of her!!!!


9 comments:

Life with my BOYS! said...

Prayers that Grandma continues on the quick road to recovery! What a neat story on her history. When I visited the Amish Co. as a child I came home and read books on how to be Amish, that was going to be my career!

Congrats to Nikki and the little girls look like they are enjoying the sunshine! Gabi seems to be taken with her role as big sister!

Life with my BOYS! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

Gram sure is a tough cookie. 12 kids in 15 yrs, wow. there should be an award for that.
So happy she made it through the heart surgery well.

Paulette said...

Albany Pharm is an awesome school. I know MANY great graduates from there! YAY

I wish your Gram the best! What a strong, spunky woman in many ways!

Colette said...

Hope gram is getting better! COngrats on Nikki...how exciting and she is not going to be that far away! The sunshine has been so wonderful! Thankful for that! Hugs and Blessings!

Wondering when you will find us said...

Glad Grandma is feeling better, she is so cute! Your girls are adorable, and CONGRATS Nikki on your next chapter in life!! YAY!

Sue said...

Rallying in prayer for you Grandma!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.

Julie said...

Glad your gram came through so well!! My mom is from Amish Country too. :) Congrats to Nikki!! :) Julie