Saturday, April 26, 2008

G'day Mate




I haven't been online much lately. Last Friday, the phone rang at 5am, which is never a good thing. It was my Mom calling to say that Gram had a very bad night. In fact, she had "coded" and was in critical condition. The good news is that she is FINE!!! In fact, after a few days in ICU she was moved to a regular room. Yesterday, she was moved to a nursing home for a brief rehabilitative stay!! Amazing!


Through difficulties, opportunities often arise. As a result of all this with Grandma, my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin have flown in for a two week stay from Australia. I adore them. My Aunt and Uncle were here in June. However, my cousin Alisha hasn't been "stateside" in nearly NINE YEARS! We keep in regular contact via email and such, but it just isn't the same as being able to squeeze her! She met Gabi and Ellie for the very first time. They LOVE her. We all do. She is staying here at the house with us for the two weeks. YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!! I am so very very very happy!!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about the scare with your Gram. I'm very happy but not surprised to hear how she bounced back... anyone who had 12 kids in 15 yrs must REALLY be strong!

Jodi said...

I am glad to hear that your Gram is doing better. Enjoy your visit with your cousin and Aunt and Uncle!

Julie said...

DOnt you love these whipper snappers!! My 2 grams are the same way!! One is from New Holland, PA! :) Julie

Paula said...

Glad grandma is doing ok. what a scare you had.
Alisha looks like she could be Gabbi's sister. Love the pics.

wsweden said...

So glad to hear your Grandma is in recovery. I hope she is out soon.

It was so nice to sit with you and Ellie at church. Thanks for giving me the chance to get some baby love!