Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday to my Big Girl!!!

Birth

One
Two






Three



Four

Five

Wow, how is it possible that my baby is FIVE? Time sure does FLY when
your babies are growing!! I thought I'd take this time to update some of my new favorite "Gabisms"
  • A few weeks ago Gabi told Sue "I think I'm having an allergic reaction to your dog". What?? Where did she hear that?!?


  • My friend Jody and her daughter, Janay were watching the girls last week when Gabi proudly announces "I have two husbands, one to cook and one to clean". Now, I KNOW this is a joke that's out there somewhere, I just CANNOT figure out where she heard it!!


  • Saturday, after her birthday party she says to me "Mommy, I feel very grown up". When I asked her why she responded matter-of-factly "I am 5 you know". Lol


  • Yesterday morning, Gabi wanted to open one of her new toys. I was still sleeping. Howie said to her, "Let's wait til Mommy gets up and ask her" to which she replies "Daddy, you are a very smart man, you can decide this".


  • This morning in the car Gabi says "Mommy, I believe my personality is changing". So I ask her "why"? to which she responds "I don't know, but people won't be liking my new personality".

  • Later today, again in the car, she says to me "I'm sad, because I want to marry Nicki, but I can't because she's bigger, and she's a girl. Why can't girls marry girls, and boys marry boys?" I try to explain in the simplest of ways about babies and God. I'm not really sure where I went with that answer. I should have just told her "They can".... but no, I just have to stutter and stumble over my words. Yikes.

Words could never do justice the love I have in my heart for my beautiful, witty, charming blond haired, blue eyed beauty. She changed my world. She changed our world. She is a miracle. Today, I send out extra prayers and love to her birthmom, for choosing us to parent this amazing little girl.

10 comments:

Sue said...

I so love her sense of humor! Where oh where does she come up with these things.

Happy 5th Birthday to our beloved Gabi!!!!

Life with my BOYS! said...

I LOVE her response to the ask Mommy answer!!! How do you not laugh at the things she says in her serious manner!!

Wondering when you will find us said...

Too cute!!!! Happy Birthday Gabi!!!!!

Jodie said...

We love you so much, Gabi! Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

Michelle said...

OMG, she cracks me up! I literally laughed out loud when I read the 4th bullet (daddy you're smart. you can decide this). WAY too funny!

Paula said...

Her little remarks are so funny. I like the one about wanting to open the present and trying to talk daddy into it.

Colette said...

too cute! Thanks for sharing!

wsweden said...

Happy Birthday, Gabi!

When I opened your blog I thought the first picture was Ellie with those cute cheeks :)

Great job on the cake, Sue!

Scott and Becky said...

I thought the 1st pic was Ellie too - I didn't realize how much they look alike! Happy Birthday Gabi! See I didn't steal your baby. :)

Jen said...

You may not need to save for retirement. You may have a wealthy comedian in the family one day! Just as long as she keeps it clean...