Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Mommy, I need my crotches"

Gabi: "Mommy, can you get my crotches for me?"
Mommy: (WHAT? ) Calmly responds "Your what?"

Gabi: "My crotches, I really, really need them."

I must have looked completely stumped because she grabs my hand and says "I'll show you my crotches".

She takes me into the living room and points to these two baton-like sticks. I handed them to her. She tells me her leg is broke. She uses them as her CRUTCHES!!!

Oh dear!

This is a child who has been scotch taping her foot, wearing a pink slipper on only one foot, putting stickers on her foot, and telling random strangers that she needs surgery because she broke her foot-- all summer long!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Thats funny. I remember as a kid always thinking it was cool to be on crutches.

Rebecca said...

That is funny. I always thought that crutches and having a cast was cool for some reason too!

Wondering when you will find us said...

Too funnY! Hehe!