Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Putting it ALL out there......

Sigh. I hesitate to write this for a few reasons. First, I am afraid of jinxing "it"- although I KNOW it is NOT in my hands. God is in control, and He has a plan for us. Even though I sometimes allow myself to believe "if I just pray hard enough....." Anyway, I digress. Another reason that I hesitate before posting here about a potential match (oh, did I mention that WE ARE BEING PROFILED TOMORROW????) is that I know there are many of my "waiting com padres" out there. I wonder "what if we are being profiled for the 'same' baby, how would that be?" Well AGAIN-- DUH Teri, it's not up to us. It has little to do with us and everything to do with God's plan for us.
SOOOOOO---- today I sent an email to Michele and Sara about possibly "re-vamping" our profile with more of a focus on Howie and I as a couple, and less on the girls. Michele responded by asking me to call her today. Soooooo- I gave her a ring. After asking for her, Sara came to the phone. She apologized for "stealing" me from Michele, but indicated that she had my file on her desk and was about to call. WHAT?! She said there was a "baby girl born yesterday" and did I want to hear more. THOSE WORDS---"baby girl born yesterday"-- I have heard them ONCE before........about 3.5 years ago.
The baby is in Indiana- where there is currently a HUGE snowstorm. She is healthy, albeit tiny, weighing in at only "a little over 5 pounds." Oh, and yes WE are expecting a HUGE snowstorm tonight. They will be showing her as many as 4 profiles tomorrow. It's in God's hands....although, if anyone reading wants to say a prayer please pray for strength- strength for birthmom, for baby, for the family she chooses, and whether or not that is us, please pray for our strength as well.

5 comments:

Wondering when you will find us said...

Teri -I will be praying real hard for you all involved!I can imagine your nerves right now.It is so tough wondering what fate will bring! I will keep my finger's crossed!

Sue said...

Can I tell you how crazy I am going. Call me when you hear anything!!!!

Jodie said...

Praying like crazy! Please keep me posted!

terilynnh2000 said...

THANKS girls! AHHHHHHH I am remaining "calm" cheya right! Will keep you posted...........

Anonymous said...

I am like so feeling the feelings all over again with you!! PRAYERS!!!!