Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Announcing...THE DRESS

Yes, I have FINALLY given in and ordered THE DRESS for Gabi's recital. A brief re-cap is that for Gabi's tap dance class she is dancing to "Baby Take a Bow" by Shirley Temple. I have watched this dance each May for the past TEN years at Nicki's dance recital. It is the first class offered to those cute beginning dancers- the 3 and 4 year olds. It is the only class in the studio where there is no set costume. The girls just wear cute little frilly dresses. So, I have dreamt of this dress since I saw that very first recital. I started imagining for my "daughter" who didn't even yet exist. And then Gabi came. So- here it is the debut of "THE DRESS" I went with cute, but not over-the-top. I didn't want her to look like a pageant princess.


9 comments:

Jodie said...

OHHHH, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Where did you get it? It is beautiful! Can't wait for Emma to have the need for such a beautiful dress.

Anonymous said...

you did good momma! It is gorgeous! Does Olive Picklejuice love it?????

Anonymous said...

LOVE the dress!!! Take pics of her in it!!! Duh!!!! I know for sure you will! hehe!!!

terilynnh2000 said...

Thanks girls! I found it at the Wooden Soldier. Love it! :)

terilynnh2000 said...

PS-- It hasn't come it yet! I had to order it.

Colette said...

She is going to look stunning it in! Yes, you must take pictures and show us all!

Scott and Becky said...

Forget pictures - I want to see the video of her doing the dance! I wonder if she would be upset if her name wasn't shown as Olive Picklejuice in the program?

Sue said...

You are a completely, undeniable, 100% freak! And I love you.

No worries though...Gabs will be the cutest, most charming, best dressed, and most talented child on stage!

Anonymous said...

Awwww..... isn't it fun having a girl!!!!! All those cute dresses. Can't wait to see pics of Gabi in it! I bet she loves dancing, she strikes me as being an in-the-spotlight type of girl! Way too cute!