Monday, March 12, 2007

Olive Picklejuice.....

This is what my daughter has re-named herself. She told me this morning that I can't call her Gabi anymore. I made the mistake of calling her "Olive Pickles"... gasp! I think this might be worse than when she was 2 and renamed herself "Taco Bell." Oh and she has a friend named "Poop on you". She knows she cannot say that phrase- it drives us nuts- so tonight she tells me that her friend is named "Poop on You". I told her "No you don't." She then breaks out in song "I have a friend, her name is Poop on You, My Mommy doesn't believe me...." Oh how I love this kid. You gotta admire her creativity. Sigh.

5 comments:

Scott and Becky said...

Your kid cracks me up! I love hearing her way of looking at the world. You are right - all those things that make her "difficult" to parent really will make her quite the independent great women you want her to be!

Becky

terilynnh2000 said...

Thanks, Becky. I try so hard to remember that....... :) How are you handeling the wait?

Jodie said...

Oh, this so reminds me of the time my niece renamed herself Mighty Mouse. It was hysterical. I think she lasted almost two weeks. She even made the teachers at day care call her that. All because of one of those $1 DVD's at Wal-Mart of an old Mighty Mouse cartoon.

Anonymous said...

we should write a book! Do you think older sisters have anything to do with this? Brianna's older sister told her when you turn 16 you get to change your name. So since Ashley has turned 16 Brianna must now call her Shaniqua. Brianna is convinced this is true and is giving great thought to what her name will change to when she is 16. She asked me "Mom what was your name before you changed it?" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
perhaps I should have answered "Sane" and now it is "insane my darling"

Scott and Becky said...

I am going a bit crazy. Trying not to think about it (NOT WORKING) an keep busy with school and pick up extra time at work (so I can take more time off). Just trying to take it "one day at a time"