Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sister at Sister's

Still at Sister's Hospital with my sister. I have put a link at the top of the blog entries that goes directly to her Caringbridge site where we post more frequently.

Today is Saturday. We have been here since Thursday. Mom and I have been staying at Hope Lodge which is a gorgeously restored mansion that the American Cancer Society supports. It's such a gift. We are truly only there to sleep and shower. We have been getting in from hospital at 10pm and are right back here by 8:30am.

Unfortunately, the surgery to remove her lymph nodes did indicate that the cancer had spread to them. Two were very large and infested with the cancer. The others were positive, but not as obvious.

This puts her at Stage IIIC Ovarian and Stage IIIC Uterine Cancers. I keep repeating that IIIC in my head. That's what Aunt Annette was. IIIC. Eighteen months and three days after her diagnosis she was gone.

The Dr. assures us that although it is IIIC each case is different. We must remember that.

As I sit here watching her sleeping, I can't imagine the hell that lies before her. She is so brave. I myself would need to be restrained given my "love" of medical procedures that IGNITES my panic attacks to the Nth DEGREE!! I would still trade places with her.

4 comments:

Colette said...

Teri...I am here reading your post to my mother who has been asking how you and your sister are. I am here for you! We live just a short distance from you, so if you need anything let me know. I am free on Sunday if you want me to come and pray with you and your sister and mom...I am here! Hugs and Blessings

Michelle said...

Hi Teri, I'm sorry so to hear about your sister. Please know you & she are in my thoughts.

Alison and Jason said...

I know this wasn't the news you wanted. I pray that treatment will go well. HUGS

Alison

Oma aka Meme said...

I am praying- from Meme