Sunday, May 10, 2009

BRCA 1 & BRCA 2, NOT ME, PHEW!!!!

On Friday, I learned that I do NOT carry either the BRCA 1 or the BRCA 2 gene mutations, which indicate a higher risk for Ovarian and Breast cancers. This news is PHENOMENAL!!

My sister is doing well. She has her final chemo on May 20 (my 34th bday). We will celebrate indeed! She will hopefully have the 3 rounds of radiation after that. Her CA 125 counts have been incredibly low, so that's amazing news as well. I can't wait until this is all behind us. I'm starting to believe that it really is going to be okay.

8 comments:

Life with my BOYS! said...

What can I say, this is the HAPPIEST of Mother's Days! Enjoy your day with you girls and sister!

Jen said...

So glad to hear your good news and that your sister is doing well. I was just wondering about her today!

Paulette said...

Wonderful news!!!

Alison said...

YAY! So glad to hear this good news!

Sarah :) said...

have you been tanning?!

Jessica said...

That's great news! You look awesome btw!

Colette said...

IIt has been so long since I looked at blogs! So happy of your news! So happy!!

Rebecca said...

That's great news!