Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gabisms of the Day

Holy cow I love looking at life through Gabi's eyes.

Speaking of eyes- she has had a weird thing happening with her right eye- it's been randomly moving outward and is freaking me out. So I made her an appt with the eye doctor. Gabi needs to be prepared for ANY possibility in life (lest she freak out) so I was explaining to her that sometimes when people have this problem it's called "lazy eye" and they have to wear a patch to help strengthen it.

Mommy: So there is a possibility that you will have to wear a patch over one eye, sort of like a pirate.

Gabi: (in an "aha" state) Ooooh, so pirates have lazy eyes.




We had a campfire the other night. It was my turn to tell a "ghost" story.

Mommy: So, there was this little girl sitting near a campfire....

Gabi: (Interrupts with a scream from out of the blue) DAMN, I know it's me!!!




Here's a little how tonight's random conversation went:

Gabi- Mommy we have a new rule in Kindergarten. You aren't allowed to touch your "pen-ex" anymore.

Mommy- What??

Gabi- You know, your pen-ex (while grabbing her crotch) you can only scratch it really quick, but you can't touch it.

Mommy- Wow (while mentally appreciating the job her teacher daily encounters and wondering if this was something college prepared her to handle) so, was this happening a lot that a rule needed to be made?

Gabi- Yup. Some kids were grabbing their pen-ex's all the time even (as she visually demonstrates) putting their hands in their pants. Not me though. Nope, I don't ever grab my pen-ex. I just scratch a little above it.

No comments: