Sunday, May 20, 2007

I Wish I Had a Better Reason....

Oh how I wish I was writing that I've been so quiet lately because I've been taking care of a new little one, but no such luck; YET!! I think the month of May flew by faster than I knew what happened! So much has been going on this month. Last week, I didn't make it into the house after work one night before 9pm!

Ok so for some updates:

Dance Recital: The girls did AMAZING! Nicki was in three dances, and Gabi, one. It was precious.


Gabi and Miss CaitlynNikki, Nicki, Karen and Janell

Last night, Nicki had prom. She looked amazing!!! Honestly, I don't know how she got to be 17; wasn't she just sucking her thumb, begging to sleep with Howie and I? She was 5 when we started dating- I have so enjoyed watching her blossom into a young woman. Ok- mostly enjoyed! :)

I guess the last piece to say is that today, I am 32. I'm not so crazy about birthdays. Correction, I'm not so crazy about MY birthdays. I LOVE LOVE LOVE indulging others. I enjoy making a fuss about Gabi, Nicki and even Howie. But, when it comes to my birthdays- I don't enjoy them so much anymore. It used to drive me crazy when adults would say that. Heck, I was the kid who thought the whole month of May belonged to paying attention to ME. I get it now though. I get the joy in giving. As for my birthday, well just give me a day with my family. :)


3 comments:

Wondering when you will find us said...

Very cute pics!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!Hope you enjoyed your day! Tomorrow is my mom's b-day!Hang in there, before you know it you will be posting about your new arrival!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Thinking of you. The time is coming. Promise!! :) Julie. THe pics were awesome. Just think birthdays are what start everything. The beginning of life.. all that you're waiting for. to share. sorry. feeling all philosophical

Anonymous said...

The girls were fabulous in dance recital!!!!! Thanks for sharing the photos!!!!!!