Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just a Spoonful of......SALSA!?!?

This one will go down in the record books of Mommy's Giant "Whoopsies".

Tonight, Howie and I were at Chili's with the girls. I was feeding Ellie her bananas (which she just LOVES) and eating my weight watchers allotted portion of chips and salsa when I mistakenly put her baby spoon into the salsa, took a giant scoop, and placed it DIRECTLY into her MOUTH!!! As soon as I realized what I had done I tried to scoop it out of her mouth with the burp cloth. She made the strangest face. Surprisingly, it didn't seem to bother her much at all. Must be that Hispanic heritage in her-- liking that spicy food.

She also has a new habit- that she started at dinner last night. She takes a bite of food, and turns her head to the right, putting her thumb in her mouth. Each bite must be so exhausting that she needs a quick thumb-break to get her back on track. :) She does this meticulously between EACH and EVERY bite.

4 comments:

Paulette said...

Thanks for the smile! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Can you say OCD?!!!
Kerri

Sue said...

Poor Elle. Talk about acid reflux!

Paula said...

That is so funny with the salsa. I could see myself doing that too.