Saturday, October 6, 2007

Bittersweet Joy


YAY! CONGRATULATIONS are in order here! Friends of ours who have waited for so long, too long are picking up thier son as I write this! How amazingly wonderful! My heart is full of joy for them. Unfortunately, it's also mixed with that pit in my stomach that always seems to surface when a friend announces a pregnancy. I couldn't be happier for them and I'm disgusted with myself for not being able to detach myself from the pain of my own empty arms. Maybe disgusted is too harsh. I also spent time tonight visiting with a recent (07) graduate and her 2 week old daughter. I know our time is nearing, I can feel it. Had another call on the 800 number this morning. That makes 2. She said she would call back in a bit (her children needed her) and she hasn't yet. That was at 9:00 this morning. UGH!

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

can I tell you I was at letchworth today for the arts festival and was drawn to a booth of baby's hats...boys section and YOU popped into my head. OMG I thought I have to run home and check her blog....hmmmmmm.........
the time has to be near!!!!! ((HUGS))

Paulette said...

I HEAR you very clearly...Wish I were closer so I could give you a hug!