Thursday, October 18, 2007

I feel like an imposter!

Holy Cow!! As you may know, Gabi is currently enrolled in a Universal Pre-K program at our Elementary School. She has an amazing teacher who has taught K and 1st grade for many years. Anyway, today we had parent/teacher conferences. As I walked into the building, passing other parents and teachers, it occured to me that I was AT A SCHOOL to meet with A TEACHER, no, not just A teacher, MY DAUGHTER'S TEACHER! How was this possible? I was certain that someone was going to grab me and ask for ID. I mean come on, am I really OLD ENOUGH to have a child in school? It's not even the age I question, it's more my maturity level- let's just say- were there ever a "maturity pre-test" required, I am sure I would not even be allow into the parking lot! :) All that aside, I am very pleased to announce that we received a glowing report on Gabi's behalf.

2 comments:

Scott and Becky said...

Those moments you realize you are supposed to be an adult, when you don't feel like one, can be eye opening, and quite scary!

Julie said...

LOL. Now, Terri, think what you do professionally. LOL. I know. Sometimes it just HITS you! :0