Friday, October 19, 2007

My New Strength

It has been a good week. A very good week indeed. For some blessed reason, I feel in control again. I feel powerful, and strong, and capable. I was so sick of feeling powerless, weak, and defeated. You know those "Aha" moments? Moments where you can almost feel your mindset shift from one place to another? I had one of those this week. The answer for me is simple- LET GO. I have let go of the need for control. I have let go of my need to "make" this adoption happen. In one of those amazing ironies of life, the more I loosen up on my need for control of the situation, the more "in control" of my emotions I feel. I remind myself daily, ( or hourly, or by the minute even) that no matter how much I obsess, or question, or stress, things will happen the way they have always been meant to happen. In God's time. God has a plan for us, all of us. I need to trust that.

9 comments:

Paulette said...

I'm with you, sister! Although I try to believe like this, I still have moments when the human pessimist in me takes over. In God's Time, it will ALL be clear! AMEN!

wsweden said...

Teri~
Please teach me how get here!
I think I have taken up where you left of in the stressin' department.
Janet

Jodie said...

You are so right, my friend! It is not always easy and sometimes it is just plain scary to trust. But, He does have a plan, He does know what is happening, He does guide our lives. Letting Him take control is such a feeling of relief. Thanks for the reminder, I needed it!

Jodi said...

My Mom consistently reminded me of this during our adoption journey.

It will happen!

Scott and Becky said...

I am so happy for you - those moments of letting go are wonderful!

Jen said...

Oh, I am so glad that you are feeling this way now. I know the wait is so hard. I actually feel at peace about our wait, too. Every once in a while those anxious feelings come in, but mostly I am content with what I have now, and I know that God will do as well with placing Emma in our home as he did with giving us Hannah!

Julie said...

It IS amazing, isn't it! Something you just find, sorta stumble across. But, you can't tell anyone how exactly you found that place. May your peace that passes understanding hold you until that Blessed Time. :) Julie

Colette said...

Teri...I am so glad to hear this in your post! It does feel wonderful to let it go. It is one of the hardest things to do...but it has to be done! Hugs to you and you know...in his time not ours! It will happen!!! I know it and feel it! Let me know if you want Linda's email...she will pray with you! Let me know! Hugs

Wondering when you will find us said...

Teri I am glad you are at peace with letting God take over, that's what I had to do for my sanity! I can't wait til your little one finds you.:)