Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ouch! This REALLY Hurts!


Today we heard those dreaded words once again "chose to place with another family". I cried. I wailed. I felt sorry for myself. I moved on, with one more reason that our placement will be that much sweeter when it's right. When it happens. I am starting to feel a bit desperate, and I don't like that. I have decided to fully put myself "out there" hoping to find that connection that is meant to be. I know it's out there. I can't yet understand the reason why it took 3 months to bring home Gabi, and at 14 months we are seemingly no closer to baby number 2. I can only imagine that it is because our baby hasn't been born yet. Our baby and the connection that will bring with his or her birth family is in the making. I just know it. I can feel it. We are currently running ads in 3 newspapers, and a few on-line forums.

I am reminded of the following words that have helped me through so many "almosts" (and as we know, almost doesn't count in horseshoes or adoption)

"I don't think a Birth parent chooses her child's parents, as from a Chinese menu, but, rather, recognizes them." ~Amy Jo L.

8 comments:

Paulette said...

((Hugs))

Julie said...

I wish I had a bandaid for you. It does hurt. But, you are closer. - Julie

Jodie said...

I love you, you are incredible and I am truly blessed to have you as my friend. I'm here if you need me!

Scott and Becky said...

Sometimes I think it must be harder the 2nd time around. Especially since you know exactly how great it feels to be chosen and bring your baby home. I feel for you, and wish I had the magic touch/words to help.

wsweden said...

I am so sorry that this was not the one. You are so right about it being that much sweeter when it is THE right one.
`Janet

Life with my BOYS! said...

Your match will be PERFECT I am sending fairy dust and hugs your way!

Anonymous said...

i've been a slacker and haven't checked your blog in a while - so sorry to arrive and find you bummed. i have no wisdom to offer, just a HUG!

Nicole said...

Hang in there - it'll happen, i just know you're close!
:)