Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blessed Beyond Words

With Brother-Tyler
The Gang
With Sisters- Erica and Ashley


Telling her Grandma "Don't even think about stealing my baby!"
With Cousins Alyssa and Caitlyn

Aunt Michelle and Ellie
Today I am feeling so grateful. Once again, we had an amazing visit with Gabi's birth family. I am in awe of them. They are so kind and treat both of my girls (and Howie and I) as a part of their family. The children are so beautiful! Oh how I love to watch Gabi playing with her siblings and cousins. Anyone who questions open adoption should spend a day with our families. Or, should I say family. Because that's what we are, we are one giant family joined together by one of the most amazing little girls to ever grace the planet. I sent Sue a picture from my phone of all the kids sitting together being goofy- and she responded with one word: Heavenly. I couldn't have said it better myself.
At today's visit were:
  • Grandma Kathy
  • Aunt Michelle
  • Sisters- Ashley and Erica (missing- Emily)
  • Brother- Tyler (missing- David and Doug)
  • Cousins- Andrew, Alyssa, and Caitlyn
When we got home tonight, Gabi was sitting on the floor doing a puzzle when she says to no one in particular- "I don't want to talk because I'm sad". So I ask her what she is feeling sad about. She looks up at me with those gorgeous blue eyes full of tears and says "I miss my brother and sisters and cousins." So we talked for awhile about those feelings. At one point she even said that she would like to live with them so that she could always see them. Both Howie and I listened (to the little girl who didn't want to talk) as she worked her way through her own thoughts. Finally, she said "I feel better because I did this puzzle". So the three of us sat down and did it again, this time together.

2 comments:

Paulette said...

This really is an awesome gift!

Michelle said...

I am really choked up. Your kind words always do that to me. We had such a good visit. My kids keep asking when can we come to visit you instead. So we will have to work something out soon. Give Gabi my love and to you, Howie, Ellie, and Nikki. Love you all.