Monday, June 18, 2007

Goodbye to a Best Friend

Those of you who know me, know what a LOYAL, ENTHUSIASTIC Target shopper I am. I drive a half hour a way, past 2 Wal Marts and a K Mart to shop there. Well, not anymore! I have vowed to never set foot in a Target store again. Ever.

I purchased a gas grill for Howie for xmas. Well, he FINALLY put it together only to find that it doesn't work. So I dig out my receipt (that I faithfully filed away for such possibilities) only to be told there is NOTHING they can do. Well, the store manager actually told me that he has seen the policy "over-ridden"...however, upon finally getting through to someone who speaks English...I learned that is NOT the case!

So- I refuse to patronize a company that devalues the very people that KEEP THEM GOING! Seriously, if you have stock in Target, you might want to consider selling as the thousands of dollars I spend there a year has now been brought to a SCREECHING halt!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Terri. Will you reconsider if they come to town? Rumor has it they are moving into the old Chase-Pitkin.
Hope you find another one.
Janet

Michelle said...

I can understand your frustration, but if you look at it from the store's point of view, it's been about 6 months. They probably have a 90 day return policy & I bet it's on the receipt. I shop there all the time... I can't believe I can't find a receipt! I hope you reconsider :)

Wondering when you will find us said...

Teri- I love target, but how ridiculous not to cater to their customers....good way NOT to keep business!!!! hehe! I can't believe they wouldn't do an even exchange!!

Colette said...

Teri...I agree with YOU! Sorry ladies! I think that totally stinks! I haven't shoped there in a long time...I can't seem to get out of there without spending over $100! So i banned them along time ago!!! I have no suggestions where to go.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree Teri. I had some bad experiences there too with some baby items from the shower. :(. I mean come on! The grill doesn't freakin work!!!!