Saturday, June 16, 2007

Monumental Moments

Wow. I can honestly say that today was a day like no other I've ever experienced! I started the day attending the funeral. It was heart-breaking. As the story unfolds, it seems that he made a terrible decision in the spur of the moment. This was not planned. It was impulsive. It was exactly that old cliche of "a permanent solution to a temporary problem". The problem is, it wasn't a solution. It ignited a lifetime of problems for those he so dearly loved.

After the funeral, I attended the wedding ceremony of a friends sister. It was gorgeous. It also helped raise me up from such a difficult week. It was a complete juxtapose to the way my day began.

After the funeral, I went to the Holiday Inn to greet my Aunt and Uncle who arrived just today from Australia, where they live! I haven't seen them in five years! I adore my Aunt Holly! YAY!!!

Then, to top of my "circle of life" type day, I attended a graduation party! Yep, folks- I had a funeral, a wedding, a reunion, and a graduation celebration all in a six hour time span! You know what is missing, don't you? A BIRTH!!!!! Fingers crossed for us or any of our dear friends playing this waiting game!

PHEW! I am exhausted and off to read my book before spending the day at Darien Lake tomorrow!!!! (You should see my house right now........needs a little tending too......especially since the cleaning lady cancelled this week!!!)

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Teri, you amaze me! Your strength of spirit is such a gift to those who know and love you. Forget the housework, enjoy your family!!

terilynnh2000 said...

AMEN, Sister!!!!

Colette said...

Teri...I am tired just reading your post! I don't know how you do it! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs

Scott and Becky said...

I agree with Jodi - besides real family and friends don't notice the mess. They are too busy having fun.