Thursday, June 7, 2007

Please Advise

You know how everybody loves to give advice? Probably the most frequent adoption advice I hear is "Don't worry, it will happen when you least expect it."

Question: CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO STOP EXPECTING IT??????????

Seriously???

We were close again. But close doesn't count in adoption, does it? We learned yesterday that we were one of two families that a birthmom had narrowed down to. We learned today that she chose the other couple. The childless couple.

I do still have a small bit of hope left. Hope and excitement. Knowing that our call will come. Knowing how exciting and amazing, and life altering that will be. So, for today I will practice stopping myself from expecting to expect. Or try, anyways.

6 comments:

Paulette said...

My thoughts are with you. I can emphathize with your thoughts. Our day is coming... it would be way too nice to know when, wouldn't it?
Hang in there.... Deep Breath In

Scott and Becky said...

I totally understand. I lie awake at night planning - if the call comes tomorrow, I have these things to do. If it comes Tuesday, I have this planned and would have to call these people to cancel. I have to be careful not to let it drive me insane. Don't even get me started on having caller ID!

Life with my BOYS! said...

i have no advice only empathy...i had us packing for FL. and going to Buff for each call we received!!
Maybe the baby wil come late Aug...you'd then get an extended summer break...which is right around the corner!!!!
hang in there!!
molly

Wondering when you will find us said...

Awwwww shucks!!!(sp?) Who wouldn't love us just because we already have wonderful children in our home??? It is hard for me to understand, but at the same time I do understand they want to give someone the greatest gift to become a mom! Which is the most wonderful gift in life!Sorry this one wasn't meant to be....I feel for you!Hoping your wait end's soon :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D:D :D ::):):):):):P

Anonymous said...

The first few times we were profiled, we weren't chosen because the BM placed with a couple that had children already! I totally emphathize with you!
When it did happen to us we had 2 days notice because he was born already! Keep the faith!
Dana

Colette said...

I am sorry Teri...I know your call with come soon! We were passed up a few times fo rnot having kids...you never know what birth mom's are looking for. I wish I had a crystal ball...but maybe Molly is right...late August would be good...then school would have to wait! Here is hoping and praying for you and your family! Hugs and blessings- Colette