Friday, November 23, 2007

Always an Adventure....

We were supposed to leave for NYC to visit with Howie's family for Thanksgiving on Wed am. Well, Tue night poor Gabi came down with a nasty case of the tummy bug. Not wanting to disrupt everyones lives and after much coaxing- I talked Howie into still going with Nicki. It was so strange being without Howie. I always had this sense that something was missing. Anyway, luckily the bug only lasted about 24 hours, so Gabi and I were able to go to my Mom's for dinner on Thursday. I was so humbled by the fact that we had about 5 sincere Thanksgiving Day dinner invitations from friends once they learned we were staying home.

My friend Julie and her son came over on Wed evening to bake and decorate cookies- it was too much fun! Cousin Haylie put a "little" lipstick on Gabi. Humm, did she even get the lips? LOL!!!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

OH MY!!! What did Daddy think of that face?????????

Jodie said...

I wish I had known you girls were in town. Hope Gabi is feeling better!!

Scott and Becky said...

Glad all is well and back to 'normal' in your household. hehe. Understand the something missing - Scott helped his brother-in-law and sister move to Florida last minute, so was the first holiday apart in quite a long time. Hope Howie and Nic have a safe trip home!