Sunday, November 11, 2007

Guess Who Has COME to Town?

As hard as it is to believe, Santa made his arrival yesterday at our local mall. Gabi and I met my friend Vicky, her daughter Aleigha and son Travis very early (9am) for a free screening of "The Polar Express" which, I must say, ignited my holiday cheer!

After that, we made our way to Santa's castle for a quick visit. The lines were crazy and we ended up waiting an hour! The clowns helped to pass the time.

Gabi was thrilled with Santa this year. She told him that she wanted "a dance mat that you hook up to the tv and dance on."

As an aside, I think I might have accidentally hit on Santa. As Gabi was leaving, and my feelings of desperation started to surface (you know the thoughts of, if I don't do "A" then "B" will never happen). Sooo, I leaned in and whispered to Santa "Gabi's Mommy really wants a baby, Santa. Do you think you could help her with that?" I swear, Santa's twinkle in his eye glowed brighter as he indicated that he would be happy to.
After lunch we headed down to the train- which I must say I just LOVE to look at. It surrounds a giant Christmas tree. I have always wanted a train under the tree, but have never gotten around to actually purchasing one.
All in all, it was a loooong day but amazing day; I just love looking at life through Gabi's eyes!!! Today, we put the Pink Princess Christmas Tree up in her bedroom! So sweet!!!

LET THE SEASON BEGIN!!!!

8 comments:

Life with my BOYS! said...

we have Christmas fever here too!! music is playing and Elijah received the fisher-price nativity for his baptism...that is out too!! which mall has the train? looks like fun!'hoping Santa fills your stocking with a babe!
molly

terilynnh2000 said...

Glad I'm not the only one!! Train is at Greece. :)

Julie said...

I have to admit, the spirit comes earlier with a babe around. :) julie. Hope you get your Christmas wish!

Michelle said...

LOL! So maybe Santa thought he could have an active role in creating the baby? Too funny!

Michelle said...

LOL! So maybe Santa thought he could have an active role in creating the baby? Too funny!

Jodie said...

I love the pic of Gabi & Santa. She is such a cutie bug.

wsweden said...

We are in the spirit early this year, too. We have been playing holiday music for a couple weeks now.
I love the pics.
Janet

Paulette said...

There is something to be said about the joy in Christmas!!!