Monday, November 19, 2007

"It's a Small World After All"

I am soooo happy! As many of you know, I cherish the opportunity to connect with Gabi's birth family. Well, on a whim- I looked up her Aunt on myspace and FOUND HER! We have met a few times- and I feel like I've known her forever. Anyway, she is AMAZING! She is equally as thrilled to be in contact with us. She posted the most beautiful, kind words about Gabi and us on her own blog today. What I love most, is that she considers Gabi her niece, just like any of her other nieces and nephews. I marvel at how lucky we are. Lucky to be a part of continuing contact with Gabi's family, and lucky that we live in a day and time where such endeavours are easily possible. I spent all weekend looking at her myspace profile, seeing her pictures, her stories, learning things about Gabi's birthmom along the way. I can see so many of Gabi's physical features in Aunt Michelle as well as in her siblings, and cousins. I LOVE THAT! It's soooo amazing to me!

3 comments:

Jodie said...

It is so wonderful to have this type of relationship with our children's birth families. I can't imagine it any other way!!

Sue said...

That is so wonderful. Gabi is a lucky little girl to have so many people who love her so much!!! So happy to hear that these relationships continue to grow.

Paulette said...

What a good situation. Appreciate those blessings!