Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hello, My Name Is.........

.........???????
HELP ME! HELP US! HELP OUR BABY!
Would you kindly offer some name suggestions?? I have visited every "naming" website known to man, own 5 naming books, and still we cannot seem to name our daughter!
  • I would like her middle name to be "Annette" after my Aunt that passed away a few years ago.
  • I hated that I had no formal name (just Teri) but I like nicknames- particularly those that end in "i" or with that "ee" sound- as in "Howie", "Teri", "Nicki", and "Gabi".
  • I don't want a name that every other child in her Kindergarten class will have- it has to be unique- yet classy.

So- there's your mission- should you choose to accept it.

Oh, and I promise not to laugh at or ridicule your suggestions, if you promise not to be angry if I don't use them. :)

10 comments:

Life with my BOYS! said...

Abigail and call her Abbi or Abby...I love the name!! Maddison and call her Madi...it may be a little too common right now though...I will keep thinking!

Paula said...

I know this name is out now, but Katrina and Trini for short. My older daughters name is Elise and sometimes called Lisi for short.

Jodie said...

Well, you know I love Camille and call her Cami. Annalese and call her Annie. Alexa -- Lexi. Andrea -- Andi. Cassidy -- Cassi. That's it for now.

Jodi said...

For years when I would hear a name I liked I would write it on a piece of paper that I kept in my drawer in anticipation of someday having children. Ironically my list ended up having all girl names on it and only 1 boy name (which incidentally was not Josh but rather Jacob!). Some of the names I liked were.... Zoe, Casey, Lindsay and Cassidy. What are some of Gabi's suggestions?

Scott and Becky said...

Our other two options for Olivia were Natalie and Isabelle/Isabella. I have a book that lists sisters of names. For Gabi - Alexandra, Brooke, Natalie, Noelle and Jocelyn. For Nicki - Danielle, Stephanie, Alison, Megan and Erica. Hope that helps!

Colette said...

HI...sorry..I can't help...I can't think of any but the one I have tucked away for safe keeping...just in case...I love the name Marie or Elizabeth if that helps. Good luck!

Sue said...

I LOVE that Alexandra is a sister name for Gabriella!

Scott and Becky said...

Sue - that made me smile too!

Anonymous said...

jesus (hey-zus)
that one is rather.. catchy

you can call her "hey" for short.

or ..
first name "gym"
middle name "nasium"

you can call her "tator" for short

dont worry.. i wont be offended if you do not use it :)

terilynnh2000 said...

Thanks for all of your suggestions (well, maybe not all- SARAH) :)

xxooo