Thursday, January 10, 2008

Some Days....

...are easier than others. There have been times in this adoption process- this past 17+ months where I have been completely confident that it WILL happen for us. Other days, I have been discouraged, feeling almost certain that there was little to no chance of adopting again. Even since being matched, I've had days that are better than others. Some days it feels GREAT- I have an amazing connection with our potential birth mom. She is a woman of strength. On those days, I believe that this part of our journey- the waiting- is nearing its end. Then there are other days saturated with doubt. Figuring out the logistics. Attorneys. Travel. Attorneys. Finances. Attorneys. Today is a day of questions. I hope that tomorrow is a day of answers.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Gosh, I can really relate to that. When we were matched I had really good positive days and then days when I thought all negative thoughts. Keep your focus on the postive!

Michelle said...

You have to do what you feel is right. Weigh every opition you have. look at it from every angle you can....yours, Howie, Gabis, Nikki's....everybodys! I can't begin to tell you I know what its like but if ya ever need an ear, i'm here. You 'll figure everything out.

Life with my BOYS! said...

((hugs)) Hang in there Terri!! I think being matched for a bit of time makes people doubt, check and double doubt~I know that Missy was that way...regarding IN, it really was an easy placement and adoption. I TOTALLY understand the not knowing about travel, expenses and lawyers! We went there blindly but left feeling VERY confident in the IN systems. If you use K & K, I think you will be pleased with their services.

Tie a knot and swing...that is what to do at the end of your rope...the swinging is fun!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Sue said...

Sometimes you have to put all logic and reason aside and listen to what your gut is saying. I know you have a lot to decide on and I am confident you will make the right choices.

And remember that each day that passes DOES bring you one day closer to your baby.