Tuesday, February 12, 2008

We are Blessed

As we wait for little Miss Ellie to come home to us, not an hour goes by that I don't think about the amazing woman who is making this all possible. I cannot explain in words the love, admiration, and gratitude I feel for "A". I remember feeling this way about "N" too, Gabi's birthmom. It was this immediate feeling of overwhelming love that came from loving her daughter. Our daughter. She has become a part of our lives. We talk about her. We pray for her. We thank God every day for the miracle that SHE will bring us.

I pray that I am worthy of this child. That I can love her enough to encompass both her mothers loves. I want Ellie to know that she has been loved before. Not only by us, but by a woman who's strength is admirable. I hope Ellie is like "A" in so many ways. That she is kind, and giving, and STRONG!

So, as the days of our "Waiting for Ellie" draw to a close, I want to express with all my heart the gratitude I feel for "A". There are no words, no gifts, no emotions that can fully convey how blessed we feel for having her in our lives.

5 comments:

Paula said...

I know exactly how you feel.
I'm so excited about your little Ellie. I know one day I will see a post and you'll have her :)

Sue said...

Very well said, Teri.

Julie said...

Its so amazing isn't it! You captured "it" so well. the feelings and wishes and thoughts of our children's lifemothers.

Wondering when you will find us said...

I can't wait...counting down the days!! Jeff was saying last night there is no words to describe when you first meet your baby! AHHHHHHHHHHH!! :)

Patti said...

You are certainly worthy of this new baby that will soon be in your arms. Very nice post! Hugs - Pep