Monday, December 15, 2008

Tis the Season to be....STRESSED!

Ugh. Where to begin? Where to begin?


Last Monday Howie was in a car accident on his way to work. He was not at all hurt, just severely shaken up. Found out today that the car is officially "totalled". Last December when the lease on our BELOVED Honda Odyssey was up, we sadly "down-graded" to a Subaru Outback in effort to save money in gas. I have been quite miserable ever since. It looks like we are going to be getting another Odyssey this weekend, and Howie will likely take the Subaru, but that leaves us with two car payments for the next four years. :(


Yesterday, my sister had an emergency hysterectomy. She has been suffering from severe abdominal pain for the past few months, and it was recently discovered that she had a mass on her ovary. She had exploratory surgery scheduled for later this month. Her pain was so severe that she was back in the ER Saturday evening. The mass had grown from 6 inches to 11 inches in ONE WEEK!!! They decided to go in and do surgery yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, they had to do a complete hysterectomy. We won't know for about a week if she has ovarian cancer. We are of course praying that she's fine.


My Aunt died from this horrific cancer six years ago. She was only 44. My sister is only 36. The good news is that the Dr. is "optimistic" (75%) that it's NOT cancer. She doesn't have any kids, and has always said that she didn't want any.


I find myself grieving more than her for the loss of her uterus. I'm sad that my Mom never gets to see either of her two daughters pregnant. She of course, doesn't care about that, as long as we are healthy.

Here's a THROWBACK pic!!!!

Teri and Gidget circa 1994

5 comments:

Life with my BOYS! said...

Hang in there! Vacation is almost upon us! I will say some prayers that all is just fine with your sister, how scary an ordeal that is...Enjoy your new van, though I too am dreading the day we have 2 payments again!
Hug your girls it is good therapy!

Paulette said...

Prayers for your family!!

Wondering when you will find us said...

Awwww! Sorry about your sister, I will pray she will be fine!So glad Howie is not hurt, sorry about your car. When it rains, it pours!:( let us know how your sis makes out.

Jodie said...

I am so sorry for Gidget! Please send her my love.

So thankful that Howie is alright!

Colette said...

Teri...here I am praying for you and your family! Hugs and Blessings