Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Summertime...and the living is good!

Do you remember the feeling of summer days stretching out before you for miles? Knowing that the only job you had was to play and have fun? Nothing was more fun than a sleepover! Especially, an un-planned one. One that starts with "Please, Mom, pleeeeease!" Which brings me to tonight, and this smile that won't leave me! I am so happy for the freedom our girls have. Tonight, as a result of the "Pleases" and a bit of nostalgia, Gabi has her friend Ya Ya (Allie) sleeping over. As I write this I am listening to them in bed giggling and "whispering". Ahhh, these are the days. Helps me forget that we still haven't heard from STAR.....for a bit any way!




8 comments:

Sue said...

Such goofs they are! The begging was way cute. What is with Alex's tongue in the first pic?

Well, glad they appear to be behaving for you. Hope they fall alseep soon!!!

terilynnh2000 said...

Ut oh- she's begging to eat! I think she might fake an injury soon for some frozen corn!

Sue said...

Unless she had more after I left, it's probably a legit complaint. That was just a "snack" for her. She usually has a bowl of cereal/milk before bed.

Sorry about that...call if you need me :-)

Jodie said...

They are too darn cute. I love it!!!

Scott and Becky said...

Oh to have a fun girls sleepover with my best friend - those were the carefree days. Hey Sue - hope you and Shawn are enjoying your couple time!

Wondering when you will find us said...

VERY CUTE!!!!!!

Colette said...

Those were the days! Why can't we as adults have days and nights like that again...huh???? Please???? Love the post! Sorry you haven't heard anything from star yet...UGHHHHHH!!!!!! Hugs

Colette said...

Those were the days! Why can't we as adults have days and nights like that again...huh???? Please???? Love the post! Sorry you haven't heard anything from star yet...UGHHHHHH!!!!!! Hugs