Monday, January 29, 2007

I was prepared for this....NOT

Well, the words came from Gretchen today, before she even spoke them. I could tell that there was no miraculous change of heart here, no "I'm about to change your life" tone in her voice. Sigh. "They are going to parent this baby" Of course they are. I knew that. I could feel it in my heart. So WHY did I anticipate this phone call ALL weekend? Why did my heart skip a beat when I saw the familiar 212 area code on my phone? Because I am an optimist. I will forever believe in the possibility of things, until reality slaps me straight across the face. So- "Good-bye little guy! May you have a beautiful life."

7 comments:

Colette said...

Teri...I am sorry! I know how you are feeling...YOUR baby is out there...he or she is just trying to find their way to you...hang in there...Hugs.

terilynnh2000 said...

i know, i keep trying to remind myself of that. thanks colette!

BooMama said...

oh, teri, i'm so sorry. how frustrating to wait over the weekend!! get that gabi girl to make you laugh. not that she needs much prompting! i love reading about her fantastic "gabisms."

you will make it through this process - there's a baby at the end of the tunnel!

BooMama said...

keep forgetting to post that "our family" is gen. gotta change that.

terilynnh2000 said...

thanks, Gen- somehow I knew it was you. Maybe you said that before? :) Thanks for the support.

Jodie said...

Hugs to you my friend!!

Jen said...

Teri,

I've been lurking on your blog as well. Nice to "meet" ya! I'm so sorry about this loss. I wish I had words that would take the ache you feel away, but I know words aren't really what you need right now. Gabi sounds absolutely amazing, by the way. I can tell how totally in love you are with her. She'll be a great big sister when the time comes - hopefully that will be SOON!